Thank you for signing up for a Red Bird Acres Farm Share.
Your participation enables us to get our poultry season up and running, provides added sustainability to our pork program and economic security to our farm, ensuring that we will be able to continue to provide high quality and ethically raised meat to the community.
The following serves as our membership agreement and must be completed prior to submitting payment for your share.
We anticipate that your chicken share will become available mid April. We will let you know 2 weeks before our first slaughter date. Pork shares are in stock year round and you can begin to pick up your shares as soon as payment has been made in full.
In addition to our TBD CSA pick-up days, you may pick up your items at any of the farmers' markets we attend. Please note that it's first come, first serve at the markets, though with 24 hours notice we will be happy to reserve items for you. Requests should be made via email to email@example.com.
Signing up for a chicken share guarantees you the number of chickens you reserve. In the event of any shortages on our end we agree to refund you the remainder of your share. Barring that, no other refunds are available after CSA signups are complete.
Chicken shares include whole birds only. For a $2/bird fee we will cut them into "grill packs" for you. Our fresh chicken season length is determined by demand, and as such, a portion of your share may be frozen. We do our best to have fresh chicken available for as long as possible.
Winter chicken shares include 50 lbs (approximately 12) frozen shrink bagged whole birds only. They may be picked up all at once in December or at our monthly CSA pickups in Corvallis (day/times TBD) or at the monthly Montavilla winter stock up markets.
Pork shares consist of fixed portions of each type of cut. You may increase/decrease those by 2lb. increments only (exempting tenderloins and loin roasts).
We ask that you please:
- If paying for a chicken share in two installments, the final payment is due by March 15th (November 15th for winter chicken shares)
- Pick up the remainder of your chicken share by Thanksgiving 2017
- Winter chicken shares must be picked up in full by March 31st, 2018
- Pick up the remainder of your Pork share within 6 months of your start date
- If you are planning on picking up more than 1 chicken at a farmers' market, we request that you email us 24 hours in advance so we can make sure we pack enough.
- Any specific market pickup requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance.