Thank you for signing up for a Red Bird Acres Farm Share.
Your participation enables us to get our poultry season up and running, provides added sustainability to our pork program and economic security to our farm, ensuring that we will be able to continue to provide high quality and ethically raised meat to the community.
The following serves as our membership agreement and must be completed prior to submitting payment for your share.
We anticipate that your chicken share will become available mid April. We will let you know 2 weeks before our first slaughter date.
In addition to our TBD CSA pick-up days, you may pick up your items at any of the farmers' markets we attend. Please note that it's first come, first serve at the markets, though with 24 hours notice we will be happy to reserve items for you. Requests should be made via email to email@example.com. We will be sending out a weekly CSA reminder to let us know if you will be picking up at that week's market. We have limited cooler space at the farmers' market, so knowing in advance how many chickens we need to bring for CSA members and how many to reserve for regular retail sales is very helpful to us!
Signing up for a chicken share guarantees you the number of chickens you reserve. In the event of any shortages on our end we agree to refund you the remainder of your share. Barring that, no other refunds are available after CSA signups are complete.
Chicken shares include whole birds only. For a $4/bird fee we will cut them into "grill packs" for you (due upon picking up chicken). Our fresh chicken season length is determined by demand, and as such, a portion of your share may be frozen. We do our best to have fresh chicken available for as long as possible.
Winter chicken shares include 50 lbs (approximately 12) frozen shrink bagged whole birds only. They may be picked up all at once in December or at our monthly CSA pickups in Corvallis (day/times TBD) or at the monthly Montavilla winter stock up markets.
We ask that you please:
- If paying for a chicken share in two installments, the final payment is due by March 31st, 2018 (November 15th for winter chicken shares)
- Pick up the remainder of your chicken share by Thanksgiving 2018
- Winter chicken shares must be picked up in full by March 31st, 2018
- If you are planning on picking up chicken at a farmers' market, we request that you send a reply to the weekly CSA email by 7am the morning of the market so we can make sure we pack enough.
- Any specific market pickup requests for items other than whole birds (including having birds cut into grill packs) must be made at least 24 hours in advance.